This Mango Cucumber Salsa recipe is the result of a foray into my collection of recipes and food pictures. This is most definitely one of the easiest recipes you will ever prepare. The sweetness of a ripe mango + bits of refreshing cucumber accented by sharp bites of onion and cilantro makes for a tasty delicious summer salsa that you might be tempted to eat solo.
Serve this light refreshingly delicious salsa with chips or as a topper for spicy grilled chicken or fish. If you intend to serve this salsa with chips or other dippers. Make it a day ahead. This gives the juices additional times to release and mellow. Your tastebuds will thank you.
Not a mango lover?
Swap the mango for your favorite summer fruit. Peaches, pineapple and apples all make great substitutes.
Mango- Cucumber Salsa
- 2 med mango firm & ripe
- 1 lg English Cucumber diced small
- 1 -2 oz cilantro , minced
- ½ sm bell pepper diced small
- ¼ sm red onion chopped fine
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 lg lemon , juiced with seeds removed abt 2 TB
- Using a sharp knife, cut mango away from the seed. Cut as close to the seed as you can. Dice mango flesh and pull away from the seed into a glass or plastic bowl. Chop cucumber, bell pepper and onion. Add to the bowl. Mince cilantro into tiny bits and add to the bowl. Add salt and lemon juice. Use a spoon to mix all ingredients thoroughly. Marinade in refrigerator at least 1 hour before serving. Cover and refrigerate any unused portion for up to 3 days.
The sweetness of the fruit gives a perfect balance to spicy chicken and fish dishes.