Quick and easy to prepare, this jerk salmon recipe has become one of my favorite go to meals. It’s also a great option when entertaining guests. 5 ingredients and about 30 minutes is all you need to prepare this delicious entree. Serve Jerk Salmon with rice & peas and steamed veggies or add your favorite sides for a complete meal.
Easily found in grocery stores across the US, salmon also happens to be a personal favorite. So it shows up quite a bit in my fish & seafood recipes. A firm meaty fish like tuna or Wahoo or bluefish makes a great substitute. Besides the well touted health benefits (unless you’re overdosing on farm raised fish) salmon is a thick, meaty, flavorful fish that can hold its own with just a little salt and citrus or stand up to the boldest baddest spices.
I first concocted this recipe one evening while I was home alone. All it took was 1 bite to get me hooked. Since then this Jerk Salmon recipe has become one of my most popular dishes. I have made it countless times and it never fails to please. This recipe can be recreated with a wet or dry jerk marinade, unlike some of my other jerk recipes. Add a few other kitchen staples and you’re in business.
Jerk Salmon Recipe
- 3 Salmon Steaks about .5 pounds ea.
- 2 TB Jerk Marinade*
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp. dried pepper flakes
- ½ tsp thyme leaves
- 1 TB lemon Juice
- 1 TB Sugar
- Wash Salmon and arrange side by side in an oven proof baking container. Combine marinade, salt, pepper, and thyme. Rub seasonings over
- fish. Sprinkle or squeeze lime juice over fish. Sprinkle over sugar. Broil in center of oven for 20 minutes.
- *Do not turn on the oven until you put the salmon in. If you do the fish will dry out.
**I prefer to use a glass container because it ensures that the salmon will not stick to the dish while cooking.
**For this recipe I choose to use brown sugar but any sugar will caramelize under the broiler.